Three (3) Research Master Scholarships being advertised in the area of Science and Technology in the Institute of Technology Carlow, Ireland.
These are two year full time research MSc, with possibility to progress to PhD, with fees, traveling to conferences and training expenses covered plus an ANNUAL stipend of 5000€ for the student.
The successful applicants will be expected to:
- Conduct their own research in the laboratories of the institute
- Make decisions linked with the progress of the project
- Write manuscripts/present at conferences and write MSc thesis
- Be in charge of running or supervising undergraduate laboratories
- Preform other activities that might be asked by the supervisor(s)
The successful applicants can expect to:
- Be aided by the supervisor(s) in all research or teaching relevant activities
- Be given the opportunity of traveling to scientific conferences and training
- Be given the opportunity of participating in different activities that might benefit their learning, personal development and well-being
- Be given the opportunity to take short term payed jobs linked with the institute (teaching tutorials to undergraduate students, giving grinds…)
- Be awarded the accredited MSc degree if the outcomes were reached in the end of two years
The successful candidate must:
- Have completed a bachelor’s degree (Minimum 2:1 or average higher than 50%) in a relevant subject such as food and beverage sciences, food and beverage technology, biosciences etc. A final year project for the bachelor’s degree needs to be concluded by the time of interview
- Have good level of spoken and written English
- Have knowledge in word, excel or similar software packages
- Have great communication skills
- Be eligible to work/study in Ireland or to apply for a visa of the same purpose
To apply please send a full CV plus a 500 word personal statement indicating: (a) why you are interested in pursuing a research degree and (b) why you are interested in the specific project, to Dr Brian Jackson Head of Postgraduate Studies (firstname.lastname@example.org) and CC. the supervisor of the project Dr. Adriana Cunha Neves (email@example.com) by the 20th of June.
For any other information please contact Dr. Adriana Cunha Neves (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Check here for the full eligibility criteria.